Crazy tender Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches seeping with spices are unbelievably delicious and make the easiest dinner or party food. You haven’t had French Dip Sandwiches until you try these!
Sometimes you create a recipe that’s so melt in your mouth – savor every meaty, cheesy bite – delicious that you get giddy just dreaming of when you can consume it again and you know you will be best friends forever and ever. These Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches is one of those recipes. And almost as thrilling as the taste is the fact that it takes all but 5 minutes to prep. We are already planning on making these for New Years because they are the best/easiest dinner ever! If we can wait that long…
This magical slow cooker beef bath of beef consommé, soy sauce and COKE (inspired by my Chipotle Sweet Pulled Pork), showered with dry minced onions, dry thyme, oregano, garlic and onion powder is savory spiced perfection. But that alone is not enough to make these obsessive worthy French Dip Sandwiches. The meat needs to be crazy tender…
To achieve such tenderness, the roast gets cooked low and slow for 4 hours, then sliced thinly while it is mostly cooked but still firm enough to hold together. The roast slices continued to cook for another 2 hours, so the seasoned broth can permeate every centimeter of the thinly sliced meat, leaving you with the most unbelievably tender, flavorful beef.
The beef is so melt in your mouth tender, I guarantee you will be devouring this beef alone, no cheese, no sandwich, just moist, flavor bathed beef. But when you finally find the will power to pull yourself away to pile your rolls or hoagie buns with your can’t=stop-eating-meat, top with provolone cheese and bake until the cheese is ooey gooey and bubbly, you will experience the “Best” French Dip Sandwich.
- 3 lb beef chuck roast trimmed of excess fat*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 French rolls or hoagie buns
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup Coke NOT diet
- 2 10.5 oz. cans beef consommé **
- 1/4 cup dry minced onions
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Using two forks or tongs to hold roast, sear on all sides until lightly browned. Add to slow cooker and top with all remaining Slow Cooker ingredients.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours then remove roast to a cutting board. Thinly slice roast across the grain. Place sliced meat back in slow cooker and continue to cook on LOW for 1-2 additional hours.
You can find complete recipes of this BEST SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES in carlsbadcravings.com