Italian Fresh Cream Lemon Cake, made with fresh Cream. The Perfect Breakfast or Snack Cake. Fast, Easy and so Delicious Lemon Cake.
With Christmas right at our doorsteps. I hope you have had fun baking and cooking and that almost everything is done, from shopping to wrapping.
And now you can put up your feet at least for an hour or two and relax!
Make yourself a coffee or tea and enjoy the holidays, and of course enjoy a slice of this amazing Italian Fresh Cream Lemon Cake.
Wishing you my dear readers and friends a very Happy and Merry Christmas, to you and your family.
To go along with that coffee or tea I thought I would offer you a piece of Lemon Cake to give you a little energy during this hectic holiday season.
Italian cake is a much more compact and less moist cake than we are used to in North America, although this cake is one of the most moist Italian cakes I have tried.
In fact it has the same texture as my Easy Yogurt Cake it is actually quite similar to a Pound Cake.
Italians don’t usually serve cake for dessert. Unless of course they use a cake for Tiramisu or a Fancy Cake for a birthday.
This type of Easy Lemon Cake is usually served at breakfast or as a treat when someone is coming for coffee or tea, or as I served it, as a delicious Christmas morning cake.
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour 270 grams
- 1 3/4 cups icing/powdered sugar 218.75 grams
- 4 eggs (large)
- 2/3 cup whole cream 150 ml, heavy cream or whipping cream
- 7 tablespoons butter melted 100 grams
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 5 grams
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 10 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 2.85 grams
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Lightly grease and flour an 9 1/2 inch bundt cake (24 centimeter) (I’m sure a 9 inch round cake pan would work)
- In a large bowl beat on medium speed eggs and sugar until light and fluffy,
- Melt butter and let cool completely.
You can find complete recipes of this ITALIAN FRESH CREAM LEMON CAKE in anitalianinmykitchen.com