Of all the quick breads we had growing up, this beautifully glazed berry-studded loaf is the best! The lemon glaze adds a lustrous finish and locks in moisture. —Julianne Johnson, Grove City, Minnesota
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon peel.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
You can find complete recipes of this Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe in tasteofhome.com