I initially planned on just baking these with mini chocolate chips and Christmas M&M’S, but after I transferred the cookie dough to the pan, I thought a pop of white chocolate chips would make it look even more festive.
So when I pressed the additional M&M’S and mini chocolate chips onto the top of the cookie dough bars, a trick I always use when making chocolate chip cookies or M&M’s cookies, I added some white chocolate chips too.
These baked up perfectly!
These cookie bars are getting me so excited for Christmas!
- 2 sticks of butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of firmly packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of Christmas M&M’s , plus more for topping
- 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil, leave some overhang to make removal easier.
- Spray foil generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined.
- Add M&M’s and mini chocolate chips and give a final stir, reserving some M&M’s, mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips for topping cookie bars.
You can find complete recipes of this M&M’S Christmas Cookie Bars in number-2-pencil.com